Friday, January 6, 2017

The 2 Year Ich (and why Not to scratch it)

In this relationship, I am the scab scratcher.
I am the button pusher, and I can't keep well enough alone.
Sometimes to the bewilderment of my better half.
I am always pressing on because before, I never did.
 
Prior to P proposing, I had participating in a relationship with a man that had been previously married, and divorced: Within 2 years. Within 2 years he had spoken those vows, and I don't know how, signed those separation papers. The brutally honest side (and judgmental) of me, meandered, "Didn't you even Try and work it out??" I had never even heard of such a thing happening. Until recently. Apparently now, 2 years is a breaking point, after many beauties become a bride.
 
I'm going to go out on a limb here(surprise) and proclaim:
If you're married and divorced within 2 years, you likely, shouldn't have said those vows. And because I've been That person, I'm willing to bet, you had a few friends that tried to tell you so.
At 2 years, I instigated a total kitchen renovation. Some people birth babies, I broke though bulkheads. Handling a hammer was something I knew how to do.
At 2 years, of being married to P, I hardly even knew him. I couldn't even consider cutting those ties, and heading for bluer sky's.
I knew him as a person I dated, and someone I wanted to spend more time with.
But I hardly knew him as my married spouse. (does this sound crazy to you?)#whocares
Despite all the Pinning I had done, no one tells you what really happens after you(potentially) break the bank on a banquet hall booze fest. I had co-habitated with a creep for over 10 years, but (thankfully) the logistics were never legalized.
The first 2 years, there were a few tears, and every so often a squabble. But I never got the sense to get out before it Really got bad, because it never was.
 
So if it's been 2 years and you have the sensation to scratch, I'd say, Save yourself, and your spouse, and go get some salve. Because at least for this bride, it Really does great Greater, Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment