Thursday, January 12, 2017

Love Letters, (& other last ditch efforts)

Its been a long time since I got a love letter.
If you've ever seen P's penmanship, you'd know why.,,
But that's okay, he's more of a "Good Morning Princess, text kind of guy. 
Alas, Those type of letter aren't the ones I speak of today.
These are the letters that are a last ditch effort to keep the courtship going.
READ BELOW:
No truer words were ever spoken. Say that's up for debate? Read
: The Sales Pitch..One of my best blog topics ever.
 
The holidays can be real rough for anyone trying to reason through staying in a relationship.
Anytime your contemplating a breakup around the birth of Christ, chances are, it wasn't going to be a Bonanza of a holiday anyway. I suggest you sever ties and move on swiftly.
And in the words of Bo Jackson: Just Do It.
 
 
I would love to consider maybe 30% of my readership on this little Bloggity belongs to the boys. 
Being the pragmatic thinker I am, I think the Pete's of the world can appreciate that.
 
So let me give you all the sage advice I have:
If you send her song lyrics, there's no swifter reason for her to say, "See Yaaaa"
Sending someone song quotes is no truer sign of a small minded person.
Music can make the world go round, but it can also stay in your head all day and be more taxing than your late night text messages, trying to make things right.
Creating a book of "coupons" for her to cash in on moments when you're going to be a nice man? Coupons, cash or credits, won't make me buy anymore of you're bullsh*t.
Becoming someone else, because you fear you have something to lose, is berating.
(I actually Know of one of these "booklets" that was sent this holiday season..Gagggg)
I had my own Cusack moment(look it up people..I just lost any millennial that may read this..)
Joe Gonzakowski came to my front lawn and played a Cure song(further dating myself)
My Dad didn't find and cuteness in it, and I'm sure contemplated firing a weapon or 2, to get him off his freshly mowed lawn
I've only met One person in this life(so far), that I've said: Right Person, Wrong time.
We took the cues, and once again I was the shot caller. We went our separate ways and I said if it was meant to be, it would have been. Maybe one day we'll meet ,, under a different set of circumstances, or when we're cats..
But then again, this dame is for the dogs..
So boys,, leave the love letters for Hallmark. Keep being the person you were in the beginning, and I bet, there won't be any break ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment