Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Glamp Girl

It started out as a joke.
Honestly it did. About 3 months ago when I started planning our Derby debut, I quickly realized, I needed to find a place to Nest first. And by the way..if your sick of Derby posts..too bad..I've got a few more to go.
So there I was calling and computing at the same time, what Courtyard at Marriott I could confirm, or what Hampton Inn would have us. $1100 would buy us a night, and we needed to book Friday and Saturday !? And the closest we could stay, was 2 hours away.
So the joke was made that I would be camping in my floopy hat.
Correction: This gal would be Glamping!
Too many people are surprised I don't mind sleeping under the stars. I can remember all the summers I camped with my grandparents. They had a big old Winnebago. My job as I sat between them was to look at the map, and pick a campground nearby we could spend the night at. I would say, " In 70 more miles we would stay in Sioux Falls"!
The thing about camping people don't understand, is you Don't have to slum it. I bring our flannel sheets and our down comforter. We still get 2 pillows a piece. And towels from for the shower are freshly sprayed with lavendar daily. Yes, this girls requires running water and flushing toliets. For those of you calling my bluff for Glamping,  I ask, " Why would you want to go in a community bowl?"
A garment rack for all our hanging goods was Essential. A floor length mirror for last minute checks of bits and (tits) was terrific. I steamed and ironed everything before we departed,  and drove it all there in a dust cover bag. Remember that blog about packing like a Rockstar?? 
Speaking of Rockstar? Just because your camping doesn't mean you have to spend the weekend drinking Coors light. This girls brings real cocktail glasses, and all the goodies, to make Old Fashionds.
So even though Camping for Derby may have started as a joke, this gal prefers the smell of campfire smoke. I hope after reading this post, this summer you'll consider getting away in your car, to go sleep under the stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment