Thursday, February 18, 2016

Part of my Process

Aloha and Buenos Dias from the most un- inspiring time of year.
Yes you read correctly, and can see it daily on the Instagram.
Too cold for Spring skirting and way too many messy bun and cozy sweater posts later we are all just plain Bored. And unless your lucky enough to be one of those fancy schmancy bloggers, that gets asked to "review" a tropical resort this time of year, we've all got a bit more winter to wear.
 
People ask me ALL The Time, How I get dressed in the morning. How I put it all together. How Do I come up with these combinations. Instead of instigating an eye roll, and telling them I'm Just Really This fabulous..I've begun to let them in on my secret ways,,#ishoulddothisforaliving. I jokingly tell them I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like them.
 
However:
1.I start by picking the 'Theme" for the week, or by grabbing the things I know I want to wear.(See above)
 
2. Then I go outfit by outfit and layer appropriately. If it's going to be colder out, I would layer Another Chambray shirt underneath the stripe tee. I would also add tights. If it's sub zero, I would add an infinity scarf in a coordinating color. Side note: I am Completely OVER blanket scarves,,,Those things Take over your Life!(and your head and neck)
Then comes the Jewlery and Purses!
And yes, there are 3 patterns in this outfit. Like a great room, there are at Least 3 patterns of different scale going on at one time.
If you think this is beginning to look like too much work and you carry the same dang purse every day,,,We clearly Cannot be friends.
Side Note: How Cute would off -white tights and yellow Hunter boots be with This?!
Side Side Note: I said TIGHTS,,, Never Ever PANTY HOSE 
Stripes are my main pattern for this time of year. Go to any retailer Right now and look in the window. My Washington(s) on seeing stripes and sailing fabrics.
And yes, I have 2 Different stripes in one outfit(different scale- see above) 
 
Blue and Orange?
Yes, Please.
Crack out your old color wheel.
Colors opposite each other, will automatically go together. This is  safe bet for combining colors if your a fashion first-timer. 
 
VOILA!!!!!
And there we have it folks!
An entire weeks of outfits planned and pulled and ready to grab in your pre- Coffee slumber.
How easy is that?
So go ahead this weekend, and have your Way with your closet.
I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

3 comments:

  1. Love them all! I need a day to shop my closet and make some new combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab!! Love your outfits. Wish I was this good at putting my outfits together. Love, love, love. You are by far the best dressed out there ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girlies!! Can't Wait to see what you Both some up with!!

    ReplyDelete