Saturday, January 16, 2016

Stripes, seeing God & Selling Supplements

* All opinions on this topic are of that of the writer and the writer alone.
**You(the reader) have the right to stop reading and discontinue visiting this blog at any time.

...Now that we got That over with.

It has been said, and hashtagged more times than I care to count: Adulting is hard. 
Or, "I can't even adult today" 
Well I have found in all of my Adulthood, that the hardest part about adultting, isn't paying the property taxes(how many purses could I have bought??!), pretending that I have it all together, or even giving up my partying past.
The hardest part? = Dealing with Other "Adults"

I think that when it starts, is losing that 1st great job after College. Or maybe you never even got that great job after college. Maybe you're still trying to find it in a feverish hustle. Or maybe you're mid- life, and you've had the kids and you look over at the husband and think. "I don't even Like you". There is a resounding need in most humans to be part of a bigger group, #safetyinnumbers. Or to identify with people of a common interest. And when you're out there alone, there may be a bit of a mid- life(crisis) that develops. I Get it I've been there..(another topic entirely)

Strangely as common as we all are, when the chips are down, everyone manages to Find Christ.
Was he ever lost?
And Heather, Christy, and Tommy All want to talk about it. Out come the inspirational quotes, and sunset photographs. They want to "Say Prayers", and talk about how #blessed, and what good people they are. Of course! Why would this not be a great community?! And then it starts,,, the selling, the telling, and the Sharing of what ever venture they're now vested in.
Look at all these potential New customers! Picture "those" people that start visiting a house of faith, just because there's juveniles now in their life
Dying...
As adults, you want to belong and Share and have everyone Think what you're doing is a Means to an End. Or the greatest thing ever. Or will put everyone on a path to greatness. (are you following me??) And then to no one in  particulars fault, it becomes almost an occult.
Be it a workout, or a protein drink, or an insurance policy, you as people are pawns in this game of Lose, Win, or Draw. And why would you say No? You have all "found God". You have that common bond, and How could you say No?
(You can see this in every form, every day on every shingle of social media)
I'm not sure about you, but I don't need a side of Supplements with my Sunday Services.
What ever higher power has been, and continues to be in my life, is there quietly and without coercion. The protein powder, and powerlifting class will go on without my pink sneakers in participant. And for the love of God, can you keep Anything private, including toning That bod.
Let the faith in your family stay in good taste.
Please don't feel the need to sell and tell, everyone around you, about the business your In. 
This Sunday, I don't know if I'll see God in my Abercrombie & Fitch, but hopefully I won't be seeing any of your Pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment