Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Magic of Christmas

I have determined this year, When the magic of Christmas comes. 
Yes, you read right, When it occurs. Because beyond the Jesus is the reason for the Season, and there's no Christmas without Christ, there is Actually an exact time when the Magic of Christmas is practically palpable.
December 1st-14th.
 
Just after the pilgrims pack up their pumpkin pie, we actually allow ourselves to peacefully ponder the season without the stress it usually summons. The selections we need to make for our special ones excite us and we may even plan on where to hide the hoard. Its the time when the Little Drummer Boy and Santa Claus is Comin' to town are joyful jingles in our ears. Shoppers are spirited and may even wish you a Merry Christmas.
 
 And Then IT happens. I could feel exactly When it happened this year. It had me checking my calendar, just to see if it was a full moon. Nope. As December 15th came upon us, so did the stress. There was no time to be nice, and now it was time to determine what new markdowns could be passed off Not as a Christmas cast off.  It was as if, all at one time, people realized they had exactly 10 days to no longer procrastinate what they had been for the last 355 days. Store stock grew sparse, and all of a sudden Socks were the gift to give. Side note: If your idea of a Great gift is single pair of socks wrapped: You Suck. Further side note: If your the shopper that buys 9 pairs of socks and wants 9 boxes and tissue to individually wrap them, You Really suck. And let me guess,,, Your "So busy?" Pro Tip: Wrap 3 boxes with 3 pairs of socks in each box.  
 
 I was nearly given a case of serious #fomo this year via my social media avenue of Choice: Instagram. Before you could even get Jack and his lanterns into the gigantic orange storage tubs, out came the Christmas Trees!? Day after day people were decorating for Christmas and I was Like, Christ? Already?? And the Bloggers  boasted, "Ohh it's for the blog'", "Or my home is being photographed",, and I was all like, Hu?? How can you Live with That stuff until December?? From the end of October until December 24th, you will have all that stuff hanging around your home. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas. Its the taking it down that disappoints me. Just like That, even in many places as early as Christmas eve, out goes the tree. Christmas is over as soon as the carnage hits the can. Out goes the wrap, and down come the ornaments. It's closing time on the celebration of Christ and now we all proclaim our love of de- cluttering and organizing. Can someone Please tell me what happened to the 12 Days of Christmas? How confusing for the children? How exactly do you celebrate the 12 days of Christmas,  infuse Santa in there somewhere, and eradicate all signs of the season within 24 hours??
 
Would you all be Completely mortified if I told you that for many years my family didn't put up our Christmas tree until Christmas Eve!!??? When we woke up, there was the tree and the lights and the presents, All done?! You talk about magic!! And You talk about "Being Busy"...
I may Just resurrect that little tradition next year. I'm sure it will bring a host of horrified onlookers. But then again, the true magic of the season isn't Really to Share on any social media.
 
 
**Side note: My wonky tree Charles is still standing tall and lit upon this posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment