Friday, February 6, 2015

A Vote for the Underdog & the Shiny Penny

Prior to P and I getting serious, a few of his select friends, suggested that I may not be the girl for him. Great friends, right? So Judy over here knows a few things about judgment. I'm sure they saw the surface things like the shiny embellishments and mortgage- payment worthy purses and made their own minds up about me.
 
It's true. P had never been with anyone like me, and I'd never been with anyone like him. I had a past, and purses, and baggage to go with all those purses, but I was honest. He even asked at one point, "Do you always have so many outfits?"..Never again..But I was also a girl that you could bring Home. People thought that we were polar opposites, but we turned out positively having more in common than they could comment on.
After a few months of seeing each other, P invited me up north and I didn't say yes at first. As the day drew nearer, I decided to head up to the Northwood's, and start the next chapter. You see, even though my bags may have been designer, his friends still saw me as the Underdog. They assumed that a gal like me, wouldn't work in the woods. They had it all figured out. Truth be told, we had a great time. And wound up wandering on back for many more trips.
I realize I don't resemble anyone else, and I'm totally okay with that. Some time ago, an old man we met remarked to P, "She's like your shiny Penny, isn't she?"  P and I didn't attend the same academic institutions together, and we didn't date for multiple years. My history with him will be made for years to come. And those friends with the judgment's? That had us all figured out? I'll give you one guess who's single and searching for their Underdog.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment